Vacancies have arisen for Night Fork Lift Truck drivers to be part of an expanding Night Operations Department. The successful candidates must have a proven track record within the Distribution Industry, preferably a Centralised Hub environment and hold an accredited counterbalance licence with recent driving experience. All applicants must be prepared to work a permanent night shift.
Hours: 47.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday, shifts between the hours of 6:00pm-7:00am
Salary: Starting salary £25,873.50 per annum
If you are interested in this position and believe you have the skills, experience and accredited licence attend the Pallet-Track Open Day for an FLT assessment. This will take place on Wednesday 10th March between the hours of 9:30am – 4:00pm.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to be part of Pallet-Track’s fast growing business. The successful candidate must have a proven track record within the night distribution/sortation industry and worked in a Hub environment, demonstrating experience of achieving high level performance.
This exciting position requires someone who wants to be an integral part of moving the business forward with the ability to build on the foundations already in place. Working closely with an established Night Management team and liaising with the Day Operations team. Reporting directly to the Operations Director.
• Assist in optimising staffing levels ensuring team members are assigned to the correct areas of the Hub
• Ensure all inbound trailers are tipped safely and on time
• Motivate and monitor FLT driver’s performance to ensure optimal productivity is met to keep a continual tipping speed
• Liaise with the night office and warehouse floor confirming vehicle requirements/availability for loading
• Coordinate with FLT Supervisors to ensure all trunks are loaded to an acceptable standard to safeguard freight
• Assist in the execution of the trunk matrix ensuring trunk departure times are adhered too
• Communicate with Banksmen to keep a constant flow of vehicles within the hub throughout the Operation
• Assist locating pallets within the hub when required ensuring constant communication with the night office and all Night Management
• Clearly communicate operational processes and policy updates to all night employees as required
• Plan resource requirements in accordance with nightly and seasonal volume changes as well as growth
• Manage operational performance in line with costs/budget
• Ensure recruitment needs are met in collaboration with Night Management Team and the HR Department
• Ensure all new employees complete a comprehensive induction
• Involvement in all accident investigation/root cause
• Comply with all Health and Safety requirements ensuring compliance with Site Rules, Risk Assessments and SSOW
• Ensure transport legislation is met along with excellent standards of safety
• Support the management team in conducting disciplinaries, performance issues and absence management
• Enforce all Pallet-Track policies and procedures using the disciplinary process when necessary
• Demonstrate Dignity at Work
Essential skills and experience required
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
• Highly numerate and analytical with advanced skills in Microsoft Packages
• Capable of decisive and effective decision making in a time pressured environment
• Evidence and demonstrate the ability to react and plan for challenging peaks and variations
• Proven experience in identifying, addressing, and implementing, Health and Safety compliance
• Experience in safe working within a warehouse environment and transport sector
• The ability to effectively handle contacts at all levels within the business, both internally and externally
• Complete work to deadlines ensuring attention to detail at all times
• Have a positive, empathetic and customer focused approach to work
• Strong influencing skills with the ability to motivate people to drive continuous results
• Experience in areas of HR and personnel management including, disciplinaries at all levels, recruitment, training, appraisals, and performance management
• Conflict resolution experience
• Have the ability to look at the wider perspective, to work as part of the Pallet-Track Management Team
Candidates who apply must be able to evidence and demonstrate experience in the key accountabilities required for this this position.
If you’re interested please email: email@example.com.
Hours: 47.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 6:00pm-7:00am
Salary: Depending on experience
Holiday: Annual Holiday: 20 days per holiday year increasing with service plus 8 Bank Holidays per year Plus, Onsite Parking, Canteen Facilities, Workplace Pension