Vacancies have arisen for Night Fork Lift Truck drivers to be part of an expanding Night Operations Department. The successful candidates must have a proven track record within the Distribution Industry, preferably a Centralised Hub environment and hold an accredited counterbalance licence with recent driving experience. All applicants must be prepared to work a permanent night shift.
Hours: 47.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday, shifts between the hours of 6:00pm-7:00am
Salary: Starting salary £25,873.50 per annum
Pallet-Track is the UK’s fastest growing provider of palletised freight distribution services.
Vacancies have arisen for a Night Forklift Truck Team Leaders to be part of an expanding Night Operations Department. The successful candidates must have a proven track record within the Distribution Industry, preferably a Centralised Hub environment and hold a counterbalance licence with recent driving experience.
The role consists of both driving within and leading a team of Forklift Truck drivers, therefore a proven record of leading teams within a paced environment is essential. In addition, the successful candidate must have the willingness to go that extra mile. You will report directly to the Head of Night Operations
Main Responsibilities and Duties as a Night FLT Driver:
• Ensure all safety checks are completed on Forklift Truck and relevant documentation completed at the start of your shift
• Drive at a speed that is safe bearing in mind the type of load, surface conditions and surrounding environment at all times
• Unload and load trailers within the timeframe set
• Ensure weight distribution is consistent across decks and axles
• Stack and distribute pallets in an efficient manner ensuring care is taken at all times
• Operate consistently around 60 plus Forklift Trucks
• Report all damage that may occur to your Forklift Truck or pallets you are distributing
• Observe site rules at all times
• Carry out all your duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
• Co-operate fully in all matters of Health & Safety.
Additional Duties as a Night FLT Driver Team Leader:
• Monitor the procedures for managing stop signs & approaching trailers being loaded and unloaded
• Ensure debris on the Hub floor is kept to a minimal
• Monitor the reload Matrix, Zone specific
• Supervisor Forklift Truck drivers within your area to ensure productivity is maximized
• Control reload ensuring trailers in your zone are adhering to governed exit times
• Monitor the hub floor in relation to any miss-bays or damage ensuring Management is made aware
Skills and experience required:
• Accredited, validated Forklift Truck Licence
• Highly numerate and analytical
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
• The ability to effectively handle contacts at all levels within the business, both internally and externally
• Be able to complete work to deadlines ensuring attention to detail at all times
• Have a positive, empathetic and customer focused approach to work
• Strong influencing skill with the ability to motivate people to drive continuous results
Hours: Monday-Friday night, 47.5 hours per week, between the hours of 6:00pm-7:00am
Salary: £28,405.00 per annum (£11.50ph)
Holiday: 20 days per holiday year increasing with service plus Bank Holidays Workplace pension after 3 months